Re: Weekly note
Dear Family,
There was a young family we tracted into several
months ago - the mom let us in immediately, and we set up a time to come
back. Rescheduled appointment after another and with the family moving,
we lost contact with them - but this last
weekend, we found the mom again! Prairie had a Relay for Life, and we
went to it to make contact with another investigator. While there, we
ran into the mom of this young family again! We rounded a corner and saw
her, and she recognized us immediately and
was excited to see us. I know I've said this before in other e-mails,
but I've never felt more strongly about it than on my mission: I know
that there are no coincidences! We are so grateful to have found her
again - I know God's hand was in this.
Looks like you found out about the new structure of
leadership in missions! Nope, there are no "Senior" Sister Training
Leaders - all are one in the same. We serve like Zone Leaders in that we
serve the sisters in our zone, but are like
District Leaders in that there is only one Sister Training Leader (per
zone). Sister Training Leaders are supposed to serve by setting an
example in obedience & meeting participation, keeping track of the
needs of the sisters, and training through exchanges.
We have some amazing sisters in our zone and mission, and I've already
been learning a lot from them! I'm excited to be able to continue to do
that.
I love, love, love being a missionary. I've never
felt more like I've been in such a "refiner's fire", but I know the Lord
gives us those opportunities because He loves us & wants us to
grow. 1 Nephi 20:10 teaches me that affliction = a
chance for refining, and I love that. :) The scriptures really put
things in perspective!
I love you! Hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Sister Brinton
No comments:
Post a Comment