Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Monday, May 6, 2013


Dear Family,

I don't know how I can be going home so soon, because I feel like there is so much more to do out here & learn still! The work is never done and I feel like I'm always learning so much every week. I'll never stop learning.

Our branch is amazing - a different family is going to fast each week for missionary work, they're setting up a mini Family History center in the building to expand their missionary efforts, and they are starting "Cottage Meetings" once a month to have open houses in the church for discussion on Family History and all aspects of Jesus Christ and His teachings. I am SO excited for the things that are happening here!

While tracting one night, we felt we should go down a certain street. (We tract a lot of other streets too, but this was one of those times we just felt a little stronger about this specific street.) :) While tracting we met H & his family - they were going on a walk and stopped to talk with us. They realized quickly that the Restored Gospel can bless their family, and they agreed to meet with us again. They are so prepared to hear this message; again, there are no coincidences - I know that the Lord was leading us to this family!

Hope you all have a good week. I love you!

Love,
Sister Brinton

P.S. You should go on the new FamilySearch.org site (new as of several weeks ago) - it is so neat! We've been asked by our Mission President to spend time on familysearch.org & mormon.org to help familiarize ourselves, so we can better use them in our teaching/finding. I've never felt a stronger pull to Family History work than I have on my mission: families really are the focus of God's plan, and Christ's Restored Gospel can make it possible for us to be linked to them for eternity. It amazes me how perfect God's plan is!

No comments:

Post a Comment