Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Monday, March 25, 2013


Dear Family,
 
I know that the Book of Mormon supports the Bible - and Sister D. is seeing it too! I love seeing her faith grow! She's an older woman we are teaching here, who was so excited to find out that Christ also visited the people in the ancient Americas, not just the people in Jerusalem - she's of American Indian descent, so it had a personal connection for her. She told us that she also loves seeing how the Book of Mormon has cross-references to the Bible - it's been another faith builder for her that the two books witness of each other. Preach My Gospel provides a cross reference that I think is a perfect example of this: Matthew 3:14-15 (Bible) talks about Christ being baptized "to fulfill all righteousness", and 2 Nephi 31:5-9 (Book of Mormon) explains what it means "to fulfill all righteousness". It is so clear to me how the Book of Mormon really is "another testament of Jesus Christ"!
 
We've been praying to be able to find families to teach, and I'm humbled to see how the Lord has been answering our prayers. The branch members here are amazing, sharing the gospel with their friends and inviting them to meet with us to learn more! We had two lessons in members homes last week with families of other faiths. It was so neat to see them finding answers to their questions - one dad said that he'd never been able to find a straight answer for the questions he had, until that night. The message of the restored gospel really does add to - and does not take away from - their beliefs.
 
I love, love, love being a missionary. It is the hardest, most rewarding and most fulfilling thing I've ever been able to do - and it is all made possible because of the Savior. He really is the center of our teachings, and the way everything in God's plan is made possible. I'm so grateful for Him and so grateful to be here. I love you - hope you all are doing well! I'm praying for you!
 
Love,
Sister Brinton

No comments:

Post a Comment