Sunday, August 19, 2012

Monday, July 2, 2012


Dear Family,

What a crazy past couple of weeks it's been! We've only been out to teach a handful of times since I transferred here, the rest of the time we've been at home or in some form of hospital for my companion. She just had surgery a couple of days ago though and is on the mend! She's doing much better now, so we're about to get things rolling here! :)

Even though we haven't been able to be out and about much, the Lord has helped us find ways to continue His work. While at home one evening we saw a woman who was by the side of the road with a broken bike. We went outside to help her and started talking about the Gospel. She became interested and asked, "I've heard that we're just going to be spirits after this life - but if it's just our spirits, why did Jesus Christ rise again with His body?" We were so excited to share with her that we know what happens after this life, and that our bodies will be reunited with our spirits again because of Christ! She was so excited, too - it just made sense to her. I love it when people say that it "just makes sense", and I love it even more when we can help them see that the "just making sense" feeling is the Spirit - letting us know that what we are hearing really is from God.

Thank you for your prayers and support. I love you! Make this week a great one!

Love,
Sister Brinton



No comments:

Post a Comment