Sunday, August 19, 2012

Monday, May 21, 2012


Dear Family,

It's been another amazing week here in Green Bay! Wow. My companion and I have had several moments where our jaws have literally dropped from the miracles we've seen happen; anyone who wonders whether there is a God, I can tell you that He is there and has His hand in this work.

There is a young woman we are teaching who has one of the strongest testimonies I know - we can't wait for her to be baptized. K's family does not support her decision, and she broke up with her boyfriend of 2 years this past week because he wasn't supportive either. But she told us that she's never felt more strongly about anything, and that she knows what the Spirit is telling her to do. She has a strong testimony of the Book of Mormon and of Joseph Smith being the prophet that translated it, and she knows that her Heavenly Father is watching over her and supporting her - especially with the tough trials she is facing right now. She knows that she may not have support from her family, but she knows what she needs to do. She learned the truth, and it is causing her to act. She is a huge example to me of putting God first in her life.

It reminded me of why sharing the Gospel is so important. There are people who do not know what God's plan for them is, and we are here to share it with all who will listen. I know I have felt the healing and enabling power of the Atonement in my life, and having experienced that makes me want to share it.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Love,
Sister Brinton

No comments:

Post a Comment