Dear Family,
Sorry I have been so inconsistent in writing - we have been
swamped!! It's a good thing - no news is good news, right? :) Haha I
really am sorry, and promise I will try to be better at being more
consistent in my communication.
I am getting transferred, to Racine!! I already know my new
companion and she is a sweetheart, I am really looking forward to
getting to serve with her! It is so bittersweet to leave - I love these
people here so much, but I feel so excited and peaceful about the
transition. Missions are such a rollercoaster :)
There is a couple here we've been teaching since February that have
been coming back to church now for the past couple of months - I can't
tell you how happy it makes me! They were completely inactive for years
and hadn't responded well to others reaching out to them, but we really
felt we needed to start working with them. As soon as we met them, we
loved them. They began to start reading out of the Book of Mormon again
together and I can tell you that this is what made the difference. I
know that the Book of Mormon really is from God and that it can change
hearts completely. I've seen it happen - in myself and others. There is
an amazing change in who we are that can come from reading words of
the prophets, reminding us how much God loves us and that the teachings
of Jesus Christ are for our lives today. I love the Book of Mormon so
much - I have turned to it time and time again for answers, counsel,
comfort and strength, and I love seeing others find that, too. God loves
us so much to have given us the Bible - He loves us even more to have
given us another book of scripture! And revelation continues today with
the current prophets. Isn't it all amazing??
I love you and hope you all are doing well. Make this week a great one! :)
Love,
Sister Brinton
No comments:
Post a Comment